Jade and Jacob elopement wedding at the Doonagore cliffs – castle Doolin co. Clare
I was so honored to be part of this amazing elopement wedding at the Doonagore cliffs/castle Doolin co. Clare. Two high school sweethearts decided to elope to Ireland and get married at the cliffs and ocean. Portraits at Trump International Doonbeg with ceremony and pictures near Doonagore Castle.
Thank you guys very much for allowing me to share your love story…
How you met & when:
Jacob and I are high school sweethearts and have been together over 11 years. We first met in a health science class. He was the senior football player who was always joking around and making people laugh. I was the shy freshman who enjoyed science, math and extracurriculars like drama and choir. He was very flirty, but at first, I brushed him off.
That is until he showed up at my house to ask me on a date! Since we were so young, my family basically interviewed him during dinner at a pizza restaurant called Sparky’s, and I knew he had passed when they allowed him to drive me home. We weren’t in a rush to get married, but we knew in high school that we had a long future together. His mom proudly shares that at seventeen, he came to her and said that one day he was going to marry me!
It was my (Jade’s) birthday in 2015, and we just had dinner at our favorite restaurant in downtown Nashville. Afterward, he suggested we walk across a pedestrian bridge that crossed the Cumberland River so that we could get a better view of the downtown skyline. As we reached the middle of the bridge, he began to speak – I could tell he was nervous, but I didn’t know why. Then he dropped to one knee and opened the box, upside down! I was so scared the ring would fall out and off the bridge, I interrupted him going “it’s upside down! It’s upside down!” He quickly flipped it over and asked the question. It was an immediate YES with so many happy tears, hugs, and kisses.
Jacob had a photographer who was waiting on the bridge, and she captured pictures of the whole thing! She even had a dozen roses for me, and as we walked back across the bridge, a horse and carriage were waiting to take us on a ride through downtown Nashville. We sat cozied up together under a beautiful October night sky as I asked him to say his speech again and again. In the end the driver gave us advice on his 40+ year marriage before we went home and told our puppy Marley the good news! The next day, he had arranged a surprise brunch at one of our favorite spots in midtown so we could tell our families together. It was an unforgettable birthday and I could not be more grateful for how thoughtful he was in planning that special moment in our lives.
We worked with Aine at Peach Perfect Weddings, and she put together a dream team! I gave her a few inspiration pictures and everyone knocked it out of the park. Hair, makeup, flowers – everything was perfect! We’re so happy we worked with Nerijus on the photographs – he perfectly captured the essence of us as a couple and was fantastic to work with. We cannot thank him enough!
Favorite Moments of your wedding day:
- The whole day was like a dream!
- Seeing Jacob all dressed up in his navy suit against the beautiful green landscape just took my breath away.
- Saying “I do” to the each other on the cliffside, no worries in the world, just a moment in time carved out for us two.
- Rita’s ceremony was amazing. Her inclusion of our ancestors meant so much to us. We also loved the components of the ceremony – the handfasting, honey Meade, jumping the broom – it was full of tradition and really fun!
- Blackie’s music played around us like a warm hug – it was the perfect accompaniment to the cliffside setting and we’re so happy he joined us.
- Running down the lane, trying to beat the rain but eventually laughing and enjoying the mist as we finished our pictures.
- Working with Nerijus was definitely a highlight! He made great use of all the surroundings at all our locations – from staging the living and dining rooms for our portraits, to walking the grounds to find the perfect landmarks for beautiful pictures, he set the stage for our beautiful photos and we cannot be happier!
- We loved getting ready together in our ocean view suite – breakfast was delivered, stylists came to us and had plenty of room to work, our “details” pictures are gorgeous and we’re so glad we had that space to use!
- We met the Vice President of the United States and his family during dinner, and it was a nice bonus on top of an already incredible and incomparable day!
Share your experience with photographer :
Nerijus was so fantastic to work with – we cannot thank him enough! Not only did he make us feel at ease, but he also made us feel confident in what we were doing! Understood what was important to us – capturing intimate moments, incorporating the landscape into our portraits, getting pictures of those small details that make a difference – and the results are beautiful photographs that we’ll enjoy for the rest of our lives. We appreciate the time he took to scout the locations for the best landmarks and viewpoints, and we couldn’t be happier with our finished product! We would highly recommend working with Nerijus on your wedding day!